Here is a truly stunning 1:850 scale replica of the Star Trek Enterprise D studio miniature that was used in The Next Generation series. It measures 29.5 inches long x 22 inches wide x 6 inches high (11 inches high when mounted on its base). It has an incredible amount of detail, with more than 100 LEDs including photon torpedos and phasers with sound effects. Additional LEDs include:
- Warp and impulse engines
- Navigational and deflector arrays
- Anti-collision and formation signals
- Main shuttle bay with tiny shuttles docked inside
The whole ship is operated by a four-channel remote and is constructed with a welded steel armature and a body that includes fiberglass, polyester resins, epoxies, acrylic and styrene. This beauty is finished off with four layers of hand-painted automotive paint.
The underside of the ship is shown off by a 34 inch long x 26 inch wide x 1 inch high mirrored base that also includes plaques with the ship’s name and edition number which is limited to only 100 pieces. There are also base customization options available:
- Change of Color – Champagne, steel, copper or bronze, or a combination of these colors.
- Center Insert – May be mirrored, gloss black or white.
- Custom Engraving – You may have the base inscribed with a phrase of your choice, for an additional charge
For those that can afford it, preorders will begin sometime this month. Sign up for the waiting list now and be notified as soon as ordering begins.
Check out the link below for a close up look of the model on video.
Product Page ($9,995)