Okay, we have already covered the iPhone because it totally eclipsed everything else Jobs said during the Macworld keynote – but there are plenty of other nuggets of information to discuss, so without further ado:
- More than half of the Macs sold in the U.S. are to PC converts (myself included).
- More than 2 billion songs have been sold on iTunes / Fourth largest music retailer in the U.S.
- 50 million TV shows sold / 1.3 million movies / New Paramount partnership announced
- New “Get A Mac” ads will be released targeting Vista
- Apple dropping the “Computer” part of their name. Will now be known simply as “Apple Inc.”
Details on Apple TV:
- 720p HD video, HDMI, component, RCA audio, optical digital outputs, USB 2.0, 40GB hard drive, 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet, Intel processor, auto sync iTunes from a single PC and stream it directly to five other computers or your TV, can stream content from sites like Apple.com
- Pricing is set at $299 and shipping begins in February
While Apple TV does look good, yesterday’s SlingCatcher announcement will undoubtedly offer Apple some serious competition in this market.