According to PalmInfoCenter, Palm CEO Ed Colligan, in a conference call, announced that Palm will announce three new smartphones next year, in addition to the Treo 700w (pictured above).
“We’ll roll out the Palm Treo 700w smartphone based on Microsoft’s Windows Mobile, and we’ll announce three additional new smartphones during calendar year 2006.” said said Ed Colligan. During the conference call he further stated that these new models will debut with new industrial designs and at different price points. They will also implement next-generation radio technologies.”
One of these phones has apparently been slated for a large international carrier – and it may not see a U.S. release.
Other notes from the conference call:
* Palm shipped 602,000 Treos to carriers this quarter (vs. 332,000 last year’s quarter)
* Palm now has 78% of the US handheld marketshare
* 8 of the 10 best selling handhelds in the US are made by Palm
* This was Palm’s 8th consecutive quarter of year over year growth
* Palm has a 36% share of the US converged device market
* the Treo 700w will ship on time in early January
* BlackBerry Connect for the Treo will be delivered in early 2006
As for the impending release of the Trio 700W, tons of information on the device can be obtained via the FCC filing. More data and a full blown review will be available after release.
Posted by Sean