The Motorola PEBL V6 has been generating a lot of buzz lately for its unique and stylish design – but is the PEBL more than just looks?
Mobile Review: “The phone’s functionality doesn’t impress, two years ago almost the same characteristics showed the Motorola v600. But the discussed model represents a good attempt to create a fashion device that appeals to emotional side of a customer. Despite a seeming functional plainness, the PEBL turned out very interesting. Even if you need a phone or not, you should play with the phone in a shop, consider its possibilities and compare your impressions with the ones reported here. I’m sure many of you will appreciate the efforts of Motorola’s designers at their true value and probably will find a new phone. The device is really durable, and that is one of the best designers’ solutions in mobile world in 2005.”
Infosync World: (Preview) “For some reason or other, I have a feeling women may take a particular liking to the PEBL V6 as its styling is far more subtle than that of the RAZR V3 and the SLVR V8. That being said, I couldn’t find a fellow male visitor who didn’t like the design – and with a price tag that may very well be lower than the RAZR and SLVR models, Motorola could very well have a hit on its hands with the PEBL V6.”
• Iconic oval-shaped design with elegant silver finish, dual-hinge technique for graceful open and close and vertical external display
• Video capture MPEG4 for shooting and replaying home videos
• Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology
• Motorola’s SCREEN3 technology solution featuring zero-click access to news, sports, entertainment, and other premium content.*
• Integrated VGA digital camera with picture caller-ID*
• MMS1, IM1 Wireless Village and email (POP3, SMTP, IMAP4) *
• Downloadable games, screensavers and MP3 ringtones*
• J2ME™ MIDP 2.0 technology
• Speaker Independent Voice Dial
• Voice memo & enhanced predictive text
• WAP 2.0 and GPRS Class 10 Internet access*
Bottom Line: The general consensus seems to be that the PEBL is adequate if not underwhelming in the functionality department – but it is akin to the RAZR in terms of style. So if style points matter – and you have a little money to burn (around $350), the PEBL V6 may be for you.
By the way, if you are interested in taking a peek at this good looking phone with some good looking ladies, check out this link.
Posted by Sean