Here are the key points from an article in the March issue of PSM:
- PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live
- PS3 will be a DVR
- It will connect with psp
- There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US (alot more then what people know about)
- The final ps3 dev kit is alot faster than they thought (according to the developer)
- The ps3 will have an itunes type service to let you download HI DEF movies, music, etc
- The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further
- PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd’s that you have in your psp on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.
- PSP will be able to send its files straight to the psp from anywhere in the world, and it can also control its DVR functionalities
- Firmware updates will add more functionality, much like with the psp
- The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks
- Fall release date for ps3, no release date for online service, but expected to launch w/ the system
Seriously, if this is true – how much will this thing cost? Rumors have been all over the place with regard to PS3 pricing, but it seems that all of the functionality Sony is packing into the product would make it far too expensive for the average consumer.
And let’s not forget that there is also a bunch of rumors floating around about the quality of PS3 development.
The question is – what / who should we believe?
Posted by Sean