Microsoft announced today that they will be releasing the first major update to the XBox 360 sometime within the next 2 weeks.
Here is a list of some of the changes you can expect:
- Media and Entertainment Category added to Marketplace menu. Users can now search for movie trailers, short films, television promos etc.
- Other Marketplace changes include: genre searches on game demos, themes and gamer pictures have their own section, and game videos have been separated from movie trailers.
- The new download manager will allow up to six downloads to be queued up and prioritized while users browse, play music, or continue gaming. (Online gaming will pause all downloads. When the session is over, the downloads will resume.)
- Content can be immediately accessed or applied upon downloading.
- Fast forward and rewind on Marketplace videos
- The ability to choose the default startup – dashboard or disk.
- When a gamer is idle it will show up as such on friend’s lists.
The update will be flashed to the 360’s internal hardware, so no hard drive is needed. It will also be available on line – and possibly on disk in the near future.
Posted by Sean