To coincide with the signup of the six millionth member on Xbox Live, Microsoft has released a fact sheet for those of you who are keeping score.
From the press release:
Xbox LIVE Connectivity & Usage:
- More than 6 million people are now members of Xbox LIVE.
- Following the launch of the Xbox LIVE online gaming network in November 2002, gamers have spent over 2.3 billion hours on the network playing games online with their friends around the world. This is equal to 95 million days of gaming or over 260,000 years. With our top title, Halo 2, which is being played on both the Xbox and Xbox 360, gamers have spent over 710 million hours playing online with over a half a billion games played.
- In fact, online gaming through Xbox LIVE is now a proven form of mainstream entertainment. The 18-34 male audience is comparable in size to the same audience tuning in to see the most popular network TV shows like CSI or The Office.
- Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360 continues to grow as a social community; we are seeing an average of over 2,000,000 text and voice messages sent every day between members on the service.
- The average Xbox LIVE Gold subscriber has 22 friends on their Xbox LIVE friends list.
- To date, Xbox 360 owners have unlocked nearly 300 million Achievements. All of those unlocked Achievements have created a total combined Gamerscore of nearly 7.5 billion.
The rest of the list is available after the break –
Top WW Xbox LIVE Titles on Xbox 360 to date:
1 Halo 2
2 Gears of War
3 Hexic HD
4 Call of Duty 2
5 Ghost Recon 3
6 Call Of Duty 3
9 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas
10 Perfect Dark Zero
(Based on the number of unique users)
Xbox LIVE Marketplace:
- Consumers have quickly jumped to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace as their one-stop download center. More than 70 percent Xbox LIVE members are downloading content from Marketplace, driving more than 135 million downloads since the launch of Xbox 360.
- Xbox LIVE Marketplace is home to more than 7,000 pieces of individual gaming and entertainment content, downloadable at the click of a button.
- Gamers have also quickly adopted the new Microsoft Points stored value system, with more than 5 Billion points activated on Marketplace to date.
- Online entertainment through Xbox LIVE is not just limited to games. Xbox 360 is the only console offering movie and TV downloads, and the new Xbox LIVE Video Marketplace (available in the US only) is packed with HD content from top partners such as Paramount, MTV Networks and CBS. As a result, nearly 50% of Xbox LIVE members in the U.S. log into Xbox LIVE Marketplace every time they turn on their console.
Xbox LIVE Arcade:
- Xbox LIVE Arcade has been an instant hit on the Xbox 360, with nearly 70% of all connected consoles already downloading and playing Xbox LIVE Arcade titles.
- Xbox LIVE Arcade has now surpassed 25 million downloads from its diverse library of original development and classic titles from the world’s best independent and established developers and publishers.
Top worldwide Xbox LIVE Arcade titles on Xbox 360 to date (based on total number of full game downloads):
1 Street Fighter II’ Hyper Fighting
3 Bankshot Billiards 2
4 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
5 Texas Hold ’em
9 Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3