TiVo is now offering a new Wireless G USB network adapter to connect your TiVo Series 2 DVR to your home network. With some of the network processing offloaded to this wireless device, you should see improved throughput. Retailing for only $50, it is an inexpensive add-on to your current TiVo setup. Just be sure you have the Series 2 model, it won’t work on the Series 1 or DirecTV DVR with TiVo.
Looks like just one more step toward the full-home integration of media devices. As long as you are comfortable working with connecting different devices and manging each one yourself, this is one more piece to improve your home network.
- Easily connect your TiVo Series2 DVR to your 802.11g or 802.11b wireless home network
- Enjoy TiVoToGo™ and Multi-Room Viewing transfers, Music and Photos, Online Scheduling, and more
- Eliminates the need for a phone line, if used with a broadband connection
- Optimized wireless performance with your TiVo® Series2™ DVR
- Real brushed metal base; flip-up antenna with TiVo badge
- For use with a TiVo Series2 DVR only. Not for use with a TiVo® Series1™ DVR (with no USB ports) or DIRECTV DVR with TiVo®. Not intended to be plugged into a PC or Mac.
Posted by Jeff