Apple has released a Boot Camp 1.1 Beta that offers some new features. It is assumed that their support for the newest Intel hardware probably refers to the Mac Pro that was just announced. They list the following updates on the Boot Camp web page. It is 202 MB, so start the download and check it the next day.
- Support for the latest Intel-based Macintosh computers
- Easier partitioning using presets for popular sizes
- Ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk
- iSight camera support
- Support for built-in microphones
- Right-click when pressing the right-hand Apple key on Apple keyboards
- Improved Apple keyboard support including Delete, PrintScreen, NumLock, and ScrollLock keys
Jury is still out on whether true dual booting is a better solution than emulation with Parallels. And with Parallels getting excellent marks for it’s minimal impact on processing speed compared to running native Microsoft, you really need to assess exactly what you want out or need of Microsoft compatibility.