Kingston’s new DataTraveler Elite USB Flash Drive has been described as having “virtually impenetrable security” and an “unrivaled data transfer rate” which makes it perfect for business and corporate IT users.
The device utilizes 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardware-based encryption to protect your data. It also features a password protect option that disables access to the device if the password is entered 25 times incorrectly.
On the data transfer end it features read and write speeds of up to 24MB/sec. and 14MB/sec respectively.
Plus, if you would like to customize the drive with your companies logo, Kingston’s got you covered there too.
- Capacities* — 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB
- Dimensions — 3.1″ x 0.9″ x 0.4″ (77.4mm x 22.1mm x 10.1mm)
- Operating Temperature — 0o to 60o C / 32o to 140o F
- Storage Temperature — -20o – 85o C / -4o to 185o F
- Fast — Data Transfer rates of up 24MB/sec. read and up to 14MB/sec write**
- Safeguarded — Includes TravelerSafe+ access security software for Windows
- Secure — Utilizes 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardware-based encryption (privacy zone)
- Simple — Just plug and play into a USB port
- Easy to Use — Includes My Traveler file management software
- Guaranteed — Five-year warranty
- Customizable — Co-logo program available
- Data Retention — 10 years
Win 2000 / XP: Password Protect, Data Encryption, and File Transfer
Mac OS9.x and above: File Transfer only
Linux Kernel 2.4 and above: File Transfer only
Other Windows versions not supported
Prices range from around $40 for 256 to around $400 for 4GB versions.
For more information, check out the Kingston site.
Posted by Sean