Seagate has put out their roadmap for drives they will be introducing following their buoyt of Maxtor, but you won’t be seeing them until 2007. The drives run the gamut from their hybrid drives, to perpendicular recording drives to their quiet performance drives.
The lineup of new types of drives from Seagate’s press release:
- 1.8-inch perpendicular recording drive with 60GB designed for handheld device,
- 2.5-inch notebook hybrid hard drive that combines rotating disc storage with flash memory,
- a new Savvio enterprise drive with low power requirements and unprecedented reliability,
- the next generation Mirra Server that syncs, shares and protects data between PC and Mac computers, and an 8.0GB Pocket Drive
Their new consumer products by family are:
- ST18 Series – 1.8 inch, perpendicular recording, low power drives for portable devices
- LD 25 Series – designed for game consoles, hoime entertainment devices and SFF PC’s. Added 60 and 80 GB capacities
- DB25 – their high capacity drives, up to 750 GB using perpendicular recording drives
They have a lot more in the way of drives in other classes, their branded solutions, PC products and enterprise offerings. Looks like a complete line of drives for most any application, many offering some cutting edge new technologies.
Posted by Jeff