After over a year of waiting (and wondering/hypothesizing/squeeing), I was finally able to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
It was worth the wait.
There are a million more things I could say, but I’m not going to ruin this with spoilers. I want people to experience the movie for themselves and enjoy the path to discovery.
So, while I can’t say much, here are seven things about Episode VII that you need to know:
1) The opening crawl gave me chills and made me smile so hard my face hurt.
2) You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll cheer, you’ll sit in wide-eyed amazement. You’ll utterly hate having to get up to pee, so take care of that beforehand and pass on that large soda.
3) This movie is beautifully diverse. Diversity is woven throughout the movie in a pattern that resembles real life and just makes sense. They totally nailed it.
4) Lupita Nyong’o is perfection. I totally get why Maz was a CGI character and why Lupita was absolutely the one who had to play her.
5) OMG the flight sequences. Just..wow. The flying, the fighting, the sheer scope of all of it was both surreal and totally realistic.
6) Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a love letter to Star Wars: A New Hope.
7) This is important – if you are prone to the feels, bring tissues. You’ll need them. Trust me on this.
You can check out my 15-second 100% spoiler-free reaction in the video below. I’m pretty sure it says it all.