Believe it or not, DC has given Fiberglass Freaks the official go-ahead to mass produce stunning replicas of the 1966 Batmobile. The cars are fully-loaded, fully-functional and completely street legal.
Oh, and they are $150,000 a pop.
Yeah, that is a lot of money, but when you check out the list of features it almost seems like a bargain:
• Rocket exhaust flamethrower works
• Show-car quality paint job.
• Car sports Radir wheels with accurately shaped bat spinners.
• Brand new GM 350 crate engine and brand new transmission.
• Center console aluminum trim
• Five light flasher, steering bezel, door sill chevron plates, “chrome-painted seat buckets, and even the very knobs, buttons and T handles are molded from vintage equipment.”
• Five highly-polished aluminum roll top dashboard doors that glide open.
• Red beacon light.
• Batbeam antenna grid raises between the front windshields.
• Detect-a-scope radar screen glows green.
• DVD player that plays on the LCD screen in the dash.
• Hood and trunk raise and lower with actuator switches.
• High-end stereo to play back the original Batman theme or the Prince one.