We just got word that a new Super 8 camera app has been released in the App Store and it is free for a limited time.
The app ties in with the upcoming J.J. Abrams flick, and if you are into retro photography/video it’s looking like a must-have for your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (4th gen), and iPad 2.
I haven’t had a chance to play around with it much at this point, but it looks badass so far. Right off the bat you wil notice a beautiful UI and plenty of effects. And again, it’s totally free right now.
Check out the full list of features after the break.
– Scratch-and-Dirt Overlay
– Add/Change Filter Effects
– Switch Between Front and Reverse Camera Views (iPhone 4 only)
– Analog Time Elapsed Counter
– Turn On Camera Light (iPhone 4 only)
– Turn On Frame Shake Effect (set accelerometer or tap activation in app prefs)
» CAMERA FRONT
– Change Lenses Between:
• Black & White
– Arrange or Delete Scenes (clips)
– Add or Delete an Authentic Super 8 Film Leader
– Edit Film Title
– Add Credits
– Develop Your Film
– Select Movie to Play
– Change Movie Titles
– Delete Movies from Library
– Pull Down Screen to Start Movie
– Reverse, Pause/Play and Forward Playback Controls
– Share (email movies or save them to a computer via iTunes)
– Access Your Camera
– Open Your Movie Library
– Super 8™ Instruction Manual
– Found Footage
Click here to download the Super 8 app from iTunes.