According to WDWNT, Disney and Swagbucks have teamed up to survey guests about the possibility of creating a hotel experience at Walt Disney World that would invite guests to live their Star Wars dream. Imagine being able to sleep inside a starship while you participate in an immersive 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe. There’s concept art and everything.
The survey includes quite a bit of detail about the plan:
- The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
- Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
- Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters, live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
- Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
Accommodations would include:
- All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
Featured entertainment & dinner shows
- Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019)
- Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, ?tness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
And how much would this wonderful Star Wars experience cost? Roughly $900-$1000 per guest. That’s pricey, but it sounds like it would be worth it. Just keep in mind that Swagbucks is supposedly running the survey, so make of that what you will. However, the fact that this concept is so thoroughly fleshed out at this point certainly indicates someone is serious about it. It seems like a slam dunk concept if you ask me.